The following are Mogo’s promises to consumers:
- We use non-personalized data to serve relevant ads to consumers
- We collect non-personalized data about users (which may include information like: sites visited, ads seen, search keywords used, ads clicked, shopping information).
- We do NOT use personally identifiable information to choose what ads to serve to users
- We do NOT target users who we know are under the age of 13 unless there is explicit parental consent and opt-in
- We do NOT use any individual level data about health conditions, or specific financial account information to serve behaviorally targeted ads unless a user has explicitly opted in to such ads
- We do NOT serve ads based on an individual’s sexual orientation or any individual’s visits to sexually explicit websites
- We do NOT target users in the European Union or users within the European Economic Area.
Mogo is highly committed to following the OBA Principles and as a member of the Digital Advertising Alliance and Network Advertising Initiative: NAI is in compliance with the industry’s Self-Regulatory Code and GDPR compliance standards. Click here if you would like further information regarding these principles.
Effective: January 7, 2015, updated May 24, 2018
PRIVACY PRACTICES FOR MOGO
Information we collect in-directly
If you visit our website, we collect non-personally identifiable information including, but not limited to:
- Your unique IP address
- Date and time of ad requests
- Website pages you have viewed
- Browser type you are using (Firefox, Chrome, Explorer, etc.)
- Referring URL (of the website that directed you to the website you are viewing)
- Internet Service Provider
- Your computer’s operating system (Windows, Mac, etc.)
- Non-PII from Clients or other third parties
The following that we do NOT collect
- We do not collect personal information, as defined in the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (“COPPA”), from users we have actual knowledge are under the age of 13 or from sites directed to children under the age of 13 for OBA, nor do we engage in OBA directed to children we have actual knowledge are under the age of 13 except as compliant with the COPPA.
- Mogo also does not collect or use financial account numbers, Social Security numbers, pharmaceutical prescriptions, or medical records about a specific individual for Online Behavioral Advertising.
Information we collect directly from you
We receive Personal Data directly from you when you provide us with such Personal Data via forms, direct contact or other , including without limitation the following:
- First and last name
- Email address
- Location information (limited to city, state, zip code, country, and time zone)
- Employment history
- Links to your social media accounts
- Any other information you choose to share publicly on the Services, for example, anything you post to a public part of your Profile or an online classroom on the Services
How We Use Your Information
Mogo uses non-personally identifiable information to target and serve relevant advertising to consumers and to perform attribution analysis or other analytics regarding advertising audiences. Mogo does NOT use any personally identifiable information to serve advertisements to consumers, and we do not sell any of your personally identifiable information. We do not actively target and collect data on members of the European Union or users within the European Economic Area.
Cookies and Web Beacons
Cookies are small text files that web servers typically send to a user’s computer when they visit a website. Cookies are stored as text files on a user’s hard drive, and can be accessed by web servers when the user visits a website or views an advertisement. Cookies are used by companies to collect and send information about a user’s website visit – for example, number of visits, average time spent, pages viewed, navigation history through the website, and other statistics. This information helps companies improve a user’s online experience in many ways: for example, by allowing companies to monitor website performance, making the website easier to use, measuring the effectiveness of their promotional placements, and tailoring their website (including the ads and offers they receive) to better match a user’s interests and preferences.The cookies placed by Mogo cannot be used to access any other data on a user’s hard drive, or to personally identify them. Users who prefer not to accept cookies can set their Internet browser to notify them when they receive a cookie or to prevent cookies from being placed on their hard drive.
The Mogo cookie is set to expire after one year, this expiration is a sliding window, meaning it resets itself after any interaction occurs.
Mogo also uses web beacons (also known as 1×1 gifs), along with cookies, to determine if a user has visited a particular website. These beacons aid in providing more relevant advertising to the user. They also help the success of an advertising campaign. They do not provide any personally identifiable information.
Opt-Out From Our Cookies
If you’d like to opt-out from having Mogo collect your non personally identifiable information, please click on the opt out button on this page. When you opt out, we will place an opt-out cookie on your computer. The opt-out cookie tells us not to collect your non-personally identifiable information to tailor our online advertising campaigns. Please note that if you delete, block or otherwise restrict cookies, or if you use a different computer or Internet browser, you may need to renew your opt-out choices. Please also note that if you choose to disable this function, your online experience may be diminished and some features may not work as they were intended.
The online advertising industry also provides websites from which you may opt-out of receiving targeted ads from our data and advertising partners. You can access these, and also learn more about targeted advertising and consumer choice and privacy, at aboutads.info and at networkadvertising.org/choices/
Mogo may share aggregated, non-personal information with Clients in connection with reporting and accounting needs as well as with other unaffiliated third parties for various purposes such as statistical or educational analysis. In some instances we may share Client contact information in an offline process that includes personally identifiable information—like name, email address and company—with select service providers and partners of Mogo who provide relevant services for our Clients. None of this personally identifiable information is tied to you the user or any cookied user in Mogo.
We may disclose your information to third parties when we reasonably believe we are obligated to do so by law, and in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding suspected or actual prohibited activities, including but not limited to, fraud and situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person.
Also, in the event Mogo is merged into another company, or another company acquires all or substantially all of Mogo’s assets, including, without limitation, in the event of bankruptcy, all data compiled or owned by Mogo may be among the items transferred in that transaction. In such event, all the data will continue to be governed by this policy.
Data Storage and Security
We retain the non-Personally Identifiable Information collected for up to 180 days from the last time we see a user. After 180 days the data is stored in aggregate for up to three years. In instances where local laws are more stringent, we adhere to the local laws where we are doing business.
The security of your information is important to us. Mogo has implemented reasonable security measures to prevent the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information that Mogo collects, but we make no assurances about our ability to prevent such loss, misuse, to you or to any third party arising out of any such loss, misuse, or alteration.
Changes To Our Policy
Should you have any questions in regards to this policy or Mogo’s privacy practices, please contact our representatives at the following email and they will be more than happy to clarify and assist you in any way possible: firstname.lastname@example.org, or by mail at:
Mogo Marketing & Media, Inc.
27 Tamal Vista Blvd., #207
Corte Madera, CA 94925
PRIVACY PRACTICES FOR OUR WEBSITE
Information We Collect On Our Website
On the Careers or Contact sections of the Website, we may collect personally identifiable information. The information that Mogo records is only used to reply to job inquiries or contacts and is later on erased with no further use. Mogo does not match any of this data with the cookies-based data Mogo collects.
We may also collect non- personally identifiable informationI from visitors to this Website for a variety of reasons including to streamline website usability.
Third Party Websites
The Mogo Website may contain links to and advertisements for websites operated by third parties whose privacy practices may differ from ours. While we endeavor to associate only with reputable entities, Mogo is not responsible for the privacy practices of these other websites. We encourage you to check the privacy policies of all websites that you visit.
Updating / Deleting your PII
If you’d like us to update, correct, delete, or deactivate any PII that you have provided to us on this Website, please re-submit your contact information on the Contact page or send your request to us at email@example.com and we will process your request within a reasonable period of time after receipt.
Acceptance of this Policy